httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache very slow on Windows 2000
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:23:22 GMT

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Harry Sufehmi wrote:

> I'm experiencing slow downloads from Apache running on Windows. On this
> 100 Mbps network, a user will get only about 1 Mbps download speed - if
> there are more users, then divide this with the number of users.

I'm no win32 networking expert, but a few things I'd try:

- Make sure you aren't using any kind of software firewall or virus
checker that includes firewall features.

- Try turning off Sendfile with "EnableSendfile off" in httpd.conf.  (Also
do the same with EnableMMAP.

- See if it is an apache-specific problem by using some other protocol to
transfer the files and see if you get better speed.

Joshua.