httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 02:26:55 GMT

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Jason Lieurance wrote:

> First of all, there's nothing wrong with our apache configuration. The people who
> ran the site before did not php hence the index.html. People have the index.html
> saved in their favorites, hence the errors looking for index.html. So, Joshua, if
> this is not pleasing to you, what is your suggestion?

I meant to find the reason the redirect wasn't working.  Your
configuration of
Redirect /index.html http://www.foo.com/index.php
should have worked.  If it didn't you may have deaper problems.

(I'm assuming that you have already adjusted the DirectoryIndex directive
to point to the correct name.)

(And no, there is nothing terribly wrong with the html solution.  It's
just a hack rather than the most clean way of doing things.)

Joshua.