httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache config help
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:59:19 GMT
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Bhavin Modi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have repeatedly come across URL's like this where the querystring is
> appended with a "/" rather a normal question mark. I think programmers
> do this to get the appriopriate artical/webpage to be easily searched
> and indexed by google or other search engines. What are the other
> advantages of creating URL's in this format ?

Basically, it just makes it look more like a document and less like a
script.  Technically, there is very little difference.  But in the real
world, as you mentioned, it can make a big difference with robots.

> What do I have to do in apache to have php execute URL's in this format ?

In 1.3 I believe that php scripts should accept "PATH_INFO" by default.
In 2.0, you need to look at the apache AcceptPathInfo directive.

Joshua.