httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with CGI-bin scripts
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:14:51 GMT

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Morten-Christian Bernson wrote:

> I have a very strange problem that I hope someone can help me with.

Yes, strange.  I don't think I've ever heard of any problem where cgi
scripts don't work initially and then start working later.

> But even if when works, it won't work with cookies.  Both mailman and
> bugzilla doesn't even try to set cookies, so no one can log in.

That's also strange.  Apache doesn't do anything fancy with cookies.  They
are simply another HTTP response header.

> If I should produce any logs, info or whatever, just tell me.  I would
> do almost anything to get this to work since a lot of people are
> anxious to get to use Mailman and Bugzilla on this server.

Have you tried writing a trivial cgi script and see if that works:

#!/bin/sh
echo Content-type: text/html
echo
echo Hi world.

Have you tried using the ScriptLog directive (see the mod_cgi docs)?

Are you sure you don't have any type of firewall or proxy server that
could be interfering?

Joshua.