httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is it a Memory issue in Apache 2.0.47 ???
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:54:12 GMT

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Satya Narayan Dash wrote:
> The memory consumption goes up and if I am killing my clients
> (which sends HTML/JSP/Servlets requests), then , it hovers
> around the same shoot-up value.

It is not surprising that memory consumption will increase as the server
ramps up and begins serving requests.  It is also not surprising that the
memory consumption never decreases.  Most systems do not allow
applications to release memory back to the O/S.

The question is, does memory usage keep increasing indefinitely?  If so,
then you have a leak someplace.  If memory usage eventually stabalizes,
then I don't see a problem.

If you do find a leak, then you need to identify what triggers it.  Try
running apache without the JSP/servlets and see what happens.

Joshua.