httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mapping diectory located on Novell server
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:20:58 GMT

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Peter Bissmire wrote:

> David,
>
> having estalished an alias for your Novell served directory,
> shouldn't you be using this to name your directory container?
> If I remember rightly, you otherwise have reference to a directory
> above (outside) the server root and, to protect you against
> serving up your whole system, this won't work.
> Not re-checked but I think that's the case.
> So just put
> <Directory "novell/"> (it's a quick change so worth trying anyway).

Nope.  <Directory> always maps to physical paths.  (<Location> maps to
web-paths.)

As far as the original problem, I have no experience with apache on
novell.  But you need to make sure that the server has the proper rights
to access the resources on the network.  That's often a problem that trips
up win32 people.

Joshua.