httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxying with Apache 2.0.43
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:55:51 GMT

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Peter Bissmire wrote:
> I have a virtual server running as proxy (alongside internal and
> external servers).
> I find, since switching from v 1.3.x to v. 2.0.x, that certain websites
> display strange character combinations in place of accents and other
> special characters.

You need to be much more specific.  You've probably identified some sort
of issue with encoding of URLs on win32 Apache 2, but you'll need to be
able to tell us EXACTLY what is being submitted to the proxy server and
EXACTLY what the proxy server is passing on to the origin server.
Otherwise, there isn't much of a hope in tracking down the problem.

Joshua.