httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Stuck process on Apache 2.0.47
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:59:23 GMT

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Free Grafton wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using Apache 2.0.47 and have noticed that every couple days I get a
> stuck process in Apache and it consumes my CPU load up to 100%. I have to
> restart apache to free the processor when that happens. I have been unable
> to diagnose where the problem is coming from in my log files.

Try strace'ing or attaching a debugger to the stock process to see what it
is doing.  Also, the server-status page (generated by mod_status) can be
used to tell you what the last request to that process was.

Some common things to look at:
- If you aren't using the prefork mpm, try that.
- Try changing the AcceptMutex directive.
- Try disabling php (obviously, that could be difficult on a live site)

Joshua.