httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] URL filtering.
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:17:54 GMT

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, James Kilton wrote:
> I'm hoping someone can brief me on how people are doing URL filtering in
> Apache these days.  I was told mod_proxy could do it but I didn't see
> any indication of it having that functionality when I checked the
> website.  Is mod_rewrite capable of filtering?  Or is Squid a better
> option?

What exactly do you mean by url filtering?  Do you mean running a proxy
server with a list of urls that clients are banned from connecting to?  If
so, either mod_proxy (ProxyBlock) or mod_rewrite can do this.  But it is
not really a specialty of apache.

If you want more help, you'll need to be more specific about your
requirements.

Joshua.