httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to serve an image from a sub directory of the cgi-bin
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:39:13 GMT

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Sagara Wijetunga wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have installed a package develop from a third-party
> company where they have organize images under the
> cgi-bin to be served like this:
> http://www.mydomain.com/cgi-bin/graphics/image.gif.

Why do people do that?  I'm not sure if it works in other web servers, but
it certainly doesn't work in the default apache configuration.

What you can do is REMOVE the ScriptAlias line in your config and the
existing <Directory> section pointing there and replace
them with

Alias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/
<Directory /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/>
Options ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl
</Directory>

Note you may need to add additional extensions to the AddHandler line.

Joshua.