httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Using the mod_status ??
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:57:28 GMT

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, David wrote:

> Hi Joshua,
>
> Many thanks for your note.
>
> Putting the IP in the conf file has several drawbacks.
> I am running a ADSL line. My IP changes everytime I re-logon
> to the internet service.
>
> Does that mean  I have to continually (manually) update my IP setting in
> the conf file? Is there that it will take care of itself not requiring
> me to update my IP on the conf file everytime I log onto the internet?

Access server-status over the loopback (localhost) and use that IP address
(usually 127.0.0.1) instead.

There is no way for apache to match your hostname agains .dyndns.org,
because when it does a reverse lookup on your IP address it will get
something like
bb220-255-67-8.singnet.com.sg
which has nothing to do with dyndns.org.

Joshua.