httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SecurityPragma feature suggestion
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:27:28 GMT

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Scott Henry Harrison wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a long-time user of apache http server.
>
> Feature suggestion:
>
> # Whatever else happens elsewhere in configuration
> # file, do not under any circumstances start the server if "/securesite"
> # does not have some "real" htaccess security
> <SecurityPragma /usr/local/myhttpdir/htdocs/securesite>
> # low, medium, high?
> htaccesslevel medium
> </SecurityPragma>

Perhaps you are confusing "htaccess" with "security".  They are very
different things.

It looks like what you want is a way, from httpd.conf, to assure a
directory is secured.  How about this:

<Directory /usr/local/myhttpdir/htcdocs/securesite>
Require valid-user
</Directory>

If that is not what you want, then you'd need to be much more specific
about what you expect your new directive to do.

Joshua.