httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Japanese
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:18:16 GMT

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Fabrice Trichard wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using Apache on Linux 7.1....english version....my question is :
> Can Apache prior version 2 support Japanese characters along with
> Korean ...and if yes  could anyone point out how to do it or a documentation
> explaining it.

Apache send files.  It doesn't care about the contents.

Apache also sends meta-information about those files as part of the HTTP
headers.  That meta-information is used by clients in deciding how to
handle the files.  It is completely up to the server administrator
what kind of meta-information is sent.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html
and specifically
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_mime.html#addcharset

Joshua.