httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi-bin won't execute
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:35:32 GMT

>From the looks of the number of errors below, I'm guessed you haven't
spent much time reading the docs.  You can't learn to sue apache simply by
reading the config file.  You need to actually consult the documentation.

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Klavs Klavsen wrote:
> see this url f.ex. http://vsen.dk/helloworld.pl
>
> it just sends the content of the script instead of executing it :(
>
> my vsen.dk vhost is setup like this:
>
>     alias /helloworld.pl /path/to/docroot/helloworld.pl
>     AliasMatch /favicon.ico /path/to/docroot/favicon.ico

These don't do anything.  Why are you mapping a URL to the same location
as it already would go due to the DocumentRoot?

>     AliasMatch /*       /some/php/script.php

Your regular expression matches zero or more "/"s.  You probably want to
use
AliasMatch /.* /some/php/script.php

>     <Files /path/to/docroot/helloworld.pl>

<Files> sections point to particular filenames, not to full paths.
You probably want
<Directory /path/to/docroot>
<Files helloworld.pl>
>         AllowOverride All
>         Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
</Files>
</Directory>

But most of those options don't work inside <Files> sections anyway.

Also, as has been pointed out, you have not actually designated any
scripts to be executed.  See, for example:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html

Joshua.