httpd-users mailing list archives

From SAQIB <sa...@seagate.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] not utilizing all CPUs
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:18:03 GMT
Thanks for the response
> OS?
RedHat Linux 2.1 ES

>It's normally the operating system's task to distribute processes between
the CPUs, \
>not the application's.
that is what i thought.

> Are the other CPUs allways at 0% utilization, regardless of what the machine's doing?
No. Actually I have another Java based application running on the server,
and the load is correctly distributed for that application.

> If they are, you're probably running a single processor OS. The seems
I am runing Linux 2.4.9 SMP kernel

servername:/home/alis>uname -a
Linux servername 2.4.9-e.3smp #1 SMP Fri May 3 16:48:54 EDT 2002 i686
unknown

> Possibly but unlikely.
Is there a way to check if the compilation process was faulty. I have
compiled several instances of the Apache using the same process. And have
never ran into this issue before.

Thanks.
Saqib Ali
---------