httpd-users mailing list archives

From Blue Moon System Operator <sy...@net.bluemoon.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Resolved: Invalid URI in request GET / HTTP/1.0 on Apache/1.3.27 (Unix)
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:44:25 GMT
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Blue Moon System Operator wrote:

> At 10:10 Am this morning I started getting 400 errors on all virtualhosts
> on one of my servers when any browser attempted to access the default
> page for a directory and not a specific file.

Admin error.

The solution was pretty simple. The unix root directory (/) had a
.htaccess file accidentally placed there which overrode the conf file
DirectoryIndex directive. I wasn't aware that a .htaccess file outside of
document root or server root would be read for any reason.

The file was removed and normal operation resumed.

Interesting feature...

Henry