httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason \(Spaz\)" <HaxCod...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] initial test fail
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:18:23 GMT
I assume you have manually editied the .conf file to reflect your
folders/settings?  Also check to make sure that the windows firewall is
disabled.

jason
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Olaf Lachowicz [mailto:olaflachowicz@yahoo.co.uk]
  Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 13:19
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: [users@httpd] initial test fail

  Hello,

  I have just installed Apache 2.0.47 on my PC with Windows XP Home Edition
from the binary package. It runs as a named service, stops and starts
without problems. However, I cannot access the test page when type
http://localhost/ nor http://127.0.0.1/.

  I'm also running Norton Personal Firewall, but the test page failes even
with the firewall disabled.

  I tried to get some info on checking what programs might be using port 80,
but didn't get anywhere.

  Thanks a lot for your attention,

  Olaf