httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Dodson" <HaxCod...@comcast.net>
Subject [users@httpd] apache / Winxp 2 instances?
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:05:09 GMT
Greetings,

I am running Apache 2.04 on Winxp Pro and when I view the Processes under
Task Manager I have two instances of Apache.exe.  One instance is using
about 6,000k and the other 9,000k.  I can easily end lower memory apache
program without any problems and my server is still up and running through
the other one.  If I attempt to terminate the process of the 9,000k apache
then it just restarts itself which is not a problem.

Ok, all of this rambling: this is my problem.  I have searched all over my
computer to find out why I have two instances on startup/reboot of my
computer.  I have checked the services, registry, and even the old win.ini
and system.ini files.  Anyone out there have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jason