httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brad_Horstko...@capgroup.com
Subject [users@httpd] apache cache & weblogic
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:40:14 GMT

Hi, I'm using apache 2.0.44 on Windows 2000, and I'm trying to get the
following configuration to work, but I'm not there yet:

apache reverse proxy / cache instance (port 8082) -> apache w/ weblogic
plug-in (port 82) -> weblogic 7 (port 7001)
(not going straight from apache (reverse proxy) to weblogic, because I need
the clustering support that the plug-in provides)

Has anyone gotten a similar configuration to work?  I can get the pages to
cache, but only for a single client: browser A requests page, get a result
including the time the response was generated by weblogic; request again
from browser A, see the same result (time hasn't changed) - so far so good;
make the same request from browser B, get back a page with a newer time
(even though the expires time hasn't passed) - problem.

Maybe the weblogic JSESSIONID is interfering somehow even though weblogic
is also passing back a Cache-control: no-cache="set-cookie" header along
with with the JESSIONID cookie?  Or maybe the apache cache doesn't handle
the Cache-control header right yet?

Here's my apache cache configuration (using mem cache instead of disk for
now, because I can't get disk to work with streamed content):

<IfModule mod_cache.c>
CacheDefaultExpire 3600
# disable cache for development, enable for production
#CacheDisable /
CacheForceCompletion 100
CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_disk_cache.c>
#CacheEnable disk /
CacheDirLength 3
CacheDirLevels 5
CacheMaxFileSize 1000000
CacheRoot "c:\http-cache\cif-c-investor"
CacheSize 1000000
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>
CacheEnable mem /
MCacheMaxObjectSize 50000
MCacheMaxStreamingBuffer 50000
MCacheSize 10000
</IfModule>

Here's what I get back from the request (using wfetch):

started....
GET /test.jsp HTTP/1.1\r\n
Host: localhost\r\n
Accept: */*\r\n