httpd-users mailing list archives

From "yc lim" <meepok...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help!: Error 400 when setting up Virtual Host
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 09:37:21 GMT
Hello all,

  I have a problem setting up virtual host on apache. I have followed the
steps described in the apache documentation and I have successfully
restarted httpd. But when I request for the virtual host, I receive a 400
error (both for the sub-domain and the domain).

  But the server reverts to normal when I reset everything back to default.
I need help with this problem and it has been bugging me for months. :(

  Server Setup:

  OS: Redhat 9.0
  Apache: 2.0.40

  Network Architecture:

  I have setup a home network. My DSL modem connects directly to my router.
My server is connected to one of the 4-port switch. I have configured my
router such that all requests on port 80 is forwarded to my server.

  DNS setup:

  I have a domain name e.g. example.com
  What i wish to do is to setup www.example.com (alias example.com) and
home.example.com
  I have setup my dns to direct *.example.com to my IP (dyanmic)
  When I ping my domain names and virtual domains (i.e. home.example.com),
the IPs are resolved correctly.

  Config file:

  Attached is my httpd.conf in txt format.

  I'm really at a loss. Hope you guys can help. Thanks

  yc

Download Norah Jones, Eminem and more! http://www.msn.com.sg/ringtones/ at
only S$36 including GST