httpd-users mailing list archives

From "message message" <message...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual hosting
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:14:18 GMT

Ok . How do you become a registrar ?
so that I  keep a pool of  unregistered domain names which I can then
virtual host using Apache ?
I am interested in the process of virtual hosting as defined by Apache ?

I am in a hurry to find this information so that I have my business set up
to make money
to pay for food & clothing.

I am interested in the complete process of virtual hosting so
that if a user a types www.mycompany.com or www.mycompany2.com
in their browser  anywhere in the world they would be redirected to
my apache webserver.
My Apache webserver is obviously running on my machine connected to the
internet.

Currently I know how to register domain names with www.domain.com for a fee.
Then I tell the ISP ( telephone company) to redirect these domain names
to my webservers.
I am interested in the complete internet heirachy.