httpd-users mailing list archives

From "H. Carter Harris" <carter-li...@technettn.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Newbie needs help with IP addresses
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:29:10 GMT
Your XP has a local IP address.  You can determine what it is by using
'ipconfig /all' at a command prompt (probably in the 10.0.0.x or 192.168.x.x
zones).  You need to configure Apache to answer on that address as well as
127.0.0.1.

Your other machines on the LAN can resolve the IP of the Apache server in
several ways:

1.  Put an entry in the HOSTS file in /windows/system32/drivers/etc of each
pc that should have access to Apache server pointing to the IP of the Apache
box.

2.  Add entries to your DNS server to handle it.

Feel free to contact me if you need additional help.

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org]On Behalf Of Simon Thurtle
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 7:08 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Newbie needs help with IP addresses

OK firstly please can no-one tell me to RTFM UNLESS you give me a link to
the damn thing! Like wise anyone who says "...this was covered on...." don't
waste your time or mine. Thanks!

OK, I am a complete newbie to this and really need to know how to add an IP
address to a PC. The PC is on our LAN running Ms XP, with  Apache 2.0.46.
Currently I can get the PHP app that I am developing to work by allocating
127.0.0.1 as an IP for Apache. Now I want to make the app available across
the LAN for BETA testing but it won't work on it's current IP address. So
how do I actually configure a new IP address for this machine and then make
it available across the network? Sorry if this is the wrong location to post
this but I really have no idea where to start!!

Cheers,