httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Error and not sure why or how to fix
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:36:10 GMT
A quick guess would be that the apache user (see "user" directive) does
not have permission to execute the CGI program or to write to files that
it creates (it looks like a mail-sending CGI?).

Remember that apache spawns a shell with a its own userid to execute
CGIs - they don't run in the account of the program owner or root or
anything like that... See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/cgi.html#filepermissions for details.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle