httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Compressing log files onse a mond
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:42:49 GMT

If you absolutely must do the rotation on the 1st of every month (i.e. non-periodically),
then you will have to use cron (or whatever you have on the Mac) and a script.

e.g.

	0 0 1 * * your-rotate-script.sh

where the script is as in the link below.

If you are willing to do the rotation periodically (say every 30 days) then you can use rotatelogs
with a rotation-time of 2592000 seconds.

e.g.

TransferLog "|/usr/local/apache/bin/rotatelogs /var/log/access_log 2592000" common

You need to do this for every logfile you want to rotate - if you have a different logfile
for each Vh, then yes...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle