httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Newbie needs help with IP addresses
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:26:11 GMT

Ok. RTFM: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

>Like wise anyone who says "...this was covered
>on...." don't waste your time or mine. Thanks!
>

>OK, I am a complete newbie to this and really need to know how
>to add an IP
>address to a PC. The PC is on our LAN running Ms XP, with
>Apache 2.0.46.
>Currently I can get the PHP app that I am developing to work
>by allocating
>127.0.0.1 as an IP for Apache. Now I want to make the app
>available across
>the LAN for BETA testing but it won't work on it's current IP
>address. So
>how do I actually configure a new IP address for this machine
>and then make
>it available across the network? Sorry if this is the wrong
>location to post
>this but I really have no idea where to start!!

You don't make it clear whether you want to:

1) add an IP address to the machine,

or whether you want

2) apache to Listen to an already active address

(you start off stating (1) but then say "it won't work on it's current
IP address" which rather contradicts (1)).

Assuming it's (2) - since it's easier - add "Listen 192.168.1.1" to the
config (where 192.168.1.1 represents your IP addr).

If it's (2) then you'll need a windows guru to help you; you might look
at the DOS "ipconfig" command to start, although there's probably a GUI
solution too.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Cheers,