httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] make apache-2.0.47: error - undefined reference to atexit
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:17:43 GMT

Typing "undefined reference to atexit" into Google will return a wealth
of hits. From a quick scan, it appears that your glibc may have been
compiled with a buggy version of gcc. There's quite a discussion on the
threads but the basic thing is to upgrade gcc, recompile glibc and then
compile apache.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>when I attempt to run make after running ./configure for
>Apache 2.0.47 on
>SuSE Linux, logged in as root.  The messages before and after
>that error
>appear below, but the result is that make ends with "Error 1" and I am
>unable then to run "make install".
>
>Can you please advise what I might be doing wrong and/or how
>to circumvent
>this so that I can build a current Apache.
>
>Thanks, Mark Dixon
>Perth Australia
>
>==== Error message in context ======>
>Making all in support
>make[1]: Entering directory `/root/httpd-2.0.47/support'
>make[2]: Entering directory `/root/httpd-2.0.47/support'
>/bin/sh /root/httpd-2.0.47/srclib/apr/libtool --silent --mode=link
>gcc -g -O2 -pthread -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500
>-D_BSD_SOURCE
> -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER
>-I/root/httpd
>-2.0.47/srclib/apr/include
>-I/root/httpd-2.0.47/srclib/apr-util/include -I/r
>oot/httpd-2.0.47/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib -I.
>-I/root/httpd-2.0.47/os/u
>nix -I/root/httpd-2.0.47/server/mpm/prefork
>-I/root/httpd-2.0.47/modules/htt
>p -I/root/httpd-2.0.47/modules/filters
>-I/root/httpd-2.0.47/modules/proxy -I
>/root/httpd-2.0.47/include
>-I/root/httpd-2.0.47/modules/dav/main -export-dyn
>amic -L/root/httpd-2.0.47/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib -o htpasswd
>htpasswd.lo /root/httpd-2.0.47/srclib/pcre/libpcre.la
>/root/httpd-2.0.47/srclib/apr-util/libaprutil-0.la -lgdbm -ldb
>/root/httpd-2.0.47/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/libexpat.la
>/root/httpd-2.0.47/srclib/apr/libapr-0.la -lrt -lm -lcrypt -lnsl -ldl
>htpasswd.o: In function `main':
>/root/httpd-2.0.47/support/htpasswd.c:442: undefined reference
>to `atexit'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make[2]: *** [htpasswd] Error 1
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/httpd-2.0.47/support'
>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/httpd-2.0.47/support'
>make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

views of the sender's company.