httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] JSP Support on Apche HTTP Server 2.0.47
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:53:19 GMT
Plain text please...

?

You need to run a JSP engine in the background. Apache then will fetch
requests from this server. The simplest way is to proxy a request in
HTML-space to your JSP engine, e.g.

	ProxyPass /mysite/page.html http://localhost:8080/page.jsp

Otherwise, you can use a connector. See
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/connectors.html for details.

> 2)With any plugins ,is it possible to deploy JSP/Servlet on Apche HTTP
Server 2.0.47,if yes how?

No. Apache serves static files, runs CGIs, proxies etc.. It does not run
a java engine.

> 3)Is Tomacat is the only option for deploying JSP/Servelt while using
Apche HTTP Server 2.0.47?

Not at all. Tomcat is the product developed by the Apache Software
Foundation, but apache will work with any back-end server which
understands HTTP or for which a connector exists.

> 4)What is the main use of this product Apche HTTP Server 2.0.47, it is
used just for deploying static pages or it holds any potential benefits?

Its main use is to serve about 60% of the content on the internet today.
It is a highly stable, secure, well-supported, well-tested and very
efficient webserver. What benefits are you looking for? If you run
apache, especially on a Unix/Linux platform, you will *not* be wakened
at night because the server has crashed. You do not win a holiday if you
use it, though...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Any response is highly appreciated,