httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ot : other unix webserver to serve up a few files
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:13:31 GMT

That's like saying you just need a simple car to drive only a few
miles... You still need a whole car; wheels, engine, gearbox, chassis,
seats, furry-dice etc.

A straightforward apache install with no SSL, PHP, mod_perl or anything
(i.e. out-of-the-box)
 will compile in 10 minutes and has a memory footprint of about 700K. If
you run it in single user mode (-X switch) you will only get one daemon.

How much smaller were you wanting?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Thanks