httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to redirect to certain request
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:38:27 GMT

It sounds like the "RedirectMatch" directive will do what you want
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_alias.html#redirectmatch)

One snag, watch you don't make an infinite loop by making your target
also subject to the redirect. e.g. (untested)

RedirectMatch .*^/obit.* http://www.delphosherald.com/obit.php

(i.e. 0 or more any characters then anything but a "/" then "obit" then
0 or more any characters. This should match "/March.obits.html" but not
match "/obit.php". Check up on regular expressions to refine it...)

PS - I'd be a bit worried about the whitespace in the resolved path
names - where is that comeing from?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Is there some way to do it through an .htaccess file or maybe
>in the httpd.conf
>file?
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.s

views of the sender's company.