httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] questions about apache
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 10:50:25 GMT

Talk about synchronicity... This very subject just came up a few hours
ago!

The standard authentication scheme does not provide for expiration of
logins so you can't really do this with the usual scheme
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html#basicfaq).

The only way I know to expire a user is to handle the authentication via
server-sided processing and to assign a cookie to the user to control
access (see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_usertrack.html) for
more on cookies.

There are several third-party mechanisms for doing this but none are
trivial...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Thanks for the help :)