httpd-users mailing list archives

From "electroteque" <dan...@electroteque.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Password Protection using HTTP Server
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:25:50 GMT
in php i would use something like download.php?fileID=1 then grab the
filename from the db and use an fopen or something to get the file which is
stored outside the web directory an do a header attachment download and put
a session login onto download.php
  -----Original Message-----
  From: David [mailto:amdawong@starhub.net.sg]
  Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 12:46 PM
  To: HTTP Server Users
  Subject: [users@httpd] Password Protection using HTTP Server

  Hi guys,

  I would like to implement a authentication system for certain pages and
certain downloads from my webserver.

  That is, to view certain pages or to download certain files (i.e. zip,
.exe. , .jpg), I will require the user to enter a ID and password.

  A User ID and Password prompt should appear to allow the user to
authenticate himself before proceeding to the requested

  protected page or protected file.

  How can I do this with Apache Webserver ?

  Many thanks!

  Regards

  David