httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Mihalich" <jmihal...@formalogix.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.28, 2.0.47 and SSL ?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 18:35:06 GMT

The URL I navigated to through the apache
Site is:

http://www.wmwweb.com/apache/httpd/binaries/win32/

The specific text is as follows, the portion surrounded
By asterisk is the concerning piece.

The current stable release is Apache 2.0.47
Apache 2.0 is released for General Availability.

The Apache HTTP Server Project is proud to present the tenth public release
of Apache 2.0. Apache 2.0 has been running on the Apache.org website since
December of 2000 and has proven to be very reliable.

A full setup package (.exe) containing the Win9x/WinNT Microsoft System
Installer installer is now available. If the Microsoft System Installer is
already installed on the machine, there is no need to download the .exe,
save yourself 3MB and download the .msi package.

There is also a -symbols.zip archive of the binary diagnostic symbol
fileswhich are not required for the typical user.

**********
This version is only available at present in a -no_ssl flavor, due to
ongoing questions of strong crypto redistribution. When a binary build with
mod_ssl compiled in is made available, the -no_ssl flavor will remain as an
option for those in jurisdictions that restrict ssl encryption, as well as
those T8 prohibited from downloading from the ASF's US-based servers.

Because the distribution tree has changed, we haven't yet identified an
effective way to incorporate the source tree into the binary distribution.
You will find the source package in /dist/httpd/httpd-2.0.47-win32-src.zip.
That -win32-src.zip file contains only source and build files, and contains
no binaries.

Joe