httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Didier" <...@mapolce.com>
Subject [users@httpd] updated .htaccess mystery....
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:16:11 GMT
I have an apache server with two virtual hosts.  I created a new
.htaccess file which refers to the same password file and put it under a
directory on the other virtual host.  I made the permissions the same as
the other file yet it does not work.  I restarted apache.  LDYC
virtualhost is the one that works....

Thanks for any help,

Dan

Here is what I think is the relevant part of my config:

# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess
files.

# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:

#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit

#

    AllowOverride None

#

#

    Order allow,deny

    Allow from all

# The following lines prevent .htaccess and .htpasswd files from being

# viewed by Web clients.

#

<Files ~ "^\.ht">

    Order allow,deny

    Deny from all

</Files>

Virtual host setup:

NameVirtualHost 172.29.128.21

<VirtualHost 172.29.128.21>

ServerName www.mapolce.com

DocumentRoot /some/directory/

ServerAdmin dan@mapolce.com

Alias /icons/ "/var/www/icons/"

Alias /icon/ "/var/www/icons/"

ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/mapolce_error_log

CustomLog /var/log/httpd/mapolce_access_log combined

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 172.29.128.21>

ServerName www.ldyc.com

DocumentRoot /some/directory

ServerAdmin dan@mapolce.com

Alias /icons/ "/var/www/icons/"

Alias /icon/ "/var/www/icons/"

ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/yacht_error_log

CustomLog /var/log/httpd/yacht_access_log combined

</VirtualHost>