httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ian Huynh" <i...@hubspan.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache very slow on Windows 2000
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:01:07 GMT
Here's the link to optimizing TCPIP on Win2k

http://www.asia.cnet.com/itmanager/netadmin/0,39006400,39089320-1,00.htm

I'd be interested in what you have discovered. We aren't experiencing the problem
but it's good to know the causes that you are having.
Also check ur NIC setting (both client & Server( to make sure it's set at 100 instead
of 10Mbps

-----Original Message-----
From: Webmaster [mailto:eagles@chatministries.org]
Sent: Tue 9/30/2003 6:06 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache very slow on Windows 2000

	Harry,

	Is the network a genuine 100 Mbps fast ethernet? or is it running as a 10?

	If you are using hubs rather than switches, then you only need one slow
	connection to drop the speed back on all ports.

	Richard Ashton
	Adelaide, Australia

	At 13:31 30-09-03 +0100, you wrote:
	>I'm experiencing slow downloads from Apache running on Windows. On this
	100 Mbps network, a user will get only about 1 Mbps download speed - if
	there are more users, then divide this with the number of users.

	>The server is serving huge files, so the problem is quite visible. It's
	not heavily visited, but the role's quite important.

	>I checked the machine, both Apache 1.3.x and 2.x are having the same
	problem. Available memory are more than enough (512 MB for only occasional
	uses).

	>I've reinstalled the workstation with Windows 2000 Server (it was Windows
	2000 Professional) - still the same problem.

	>I'm starting to suspect that this is a problem with the Windows TCP/IP
	stack though. I've googled, but can't find anything related to this.
	comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows is not (no longer?) available on
	google, so I turned my hope to this list.