httpd-users mailing list archives

From "VIPP -" <vip...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] unable to display web pages locally in IE 5
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:45:59 GMT
I have been unable to display web pages locally in IE 5
while running the Apache 2.0.47 web server.

The following is a reply to my previous post.

<If you don't specify a port, your browser uses 80.
So you need to use http://localhost:8080/
or http://127.0.0.1:8080/>

The following is another reply to another previous post.

You need to edit your 1E5 browser settings.

<In IE5 click on

Tools-->Internet Options-->Connections-->LAN Settings-->Proxy Server Advance
button.

In the Exceptions box enter

http://localhost:8080/
or http://127.0.0.1:8080/>

On last step there is a Invalid Proxy Server popup which reads

The settings for the proxy server you have chosen is blank.

This prevent access to the internet. Do you want to turn off
the proxy connection?

I click on the Yes button, but it doesn't save this setting.

Therefore when I open the IE5 browser and enter the address
url of http://localhost:8080/ or http://127.0.0.1:8080/

There is a popup box which asks If I want to connect to the internet.

Thanks to replies in advance.

Vip

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more.  Sign up now!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa