httpd-users mailing list archives

From "VIPP -" <vip...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Unable to conform test of Apache 2.0.47 for Windows installation...
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:42:31 GMT
Hi:

I have saved and read through the
Using Apache with Microsoft Windows
document on Apache web site.

I installed Apache 2.0.47 for Windows on my computer
which is running Windows 98 OS.

On the installation I selected

<only for the Current User, on Port 8080,
when started Manually if you'd like to install Apache
for your personal experimenting or if you already
have another WWW server running on port 80.>

I only want to test scripts locally, without an
internet connection.

The Apache web server is running.

I am connecting to the server to access the default page,
then launch IE 5 browser and enter this URL:

http://localhost/

I tried this url as well

http://127.0.0.1/

I have been unable to display web pages locally in IE 5
while running the Apache web server.

The following is the path to the installation

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2

Thanks in advance to responses to my inquiry.

Vip