httpd-users mailing list archives

From "D. Eric" <eri...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Cannot load c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll into server
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 02:19:39 GMT
Hi,

I encountered the following message when starting Apache:

"Cannot load c:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll into server:  A device attached to
the system is not functioning."

I'm using

apache_2.0.47
php-4.3.3-Win32
Win98 SE

I followed the installation instructions down to the last word:

1. install php to c:/php, move php.ini to c:/windows dir and configure
accordingly.
2. copy php4ts.dll to c:/windows  and c:/windows/system
3. add the following two lines to httpd.conf

        LoadModule php4_module "D:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll"
        AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

I also tried copying php4ts.dll and php4apache2.dll to different dirs
including windows, windows/system, apache/bin etc.
And I'm still getting the above error msg and cannot start apache.

Can anyone help? Please note the system is not saying "The specified module
could not be found." rather it's saying
" A device attached to the system is not functioning". What is the problem
and how to resolve this.

I tried the same process on a different machine today and it works. But not
the machine I NEED to work on. What does it mean when Apache says "device
attached to the system is not functioning", what devices does it need?

Thanks in advance!
Eric