httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Bissmire <pb...@onetel.net.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Proxying with Apache 2.0.43
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:14:13 GMT
Hi folks,

I am new to this list but not that new to Apache.
I have driven it on Windoze boxes for some years (at least it avoids
using IIS!).

I have a virtual server running as proxy (alongside internal and
external servers).
I find, since switching from v 1.3.x to v. 2.0.x, that certain websites
display strange character combinations in place of accents and other
special characters.
The same conversion appears to take place on the outbound journey.
If I include accents in queries to www.granddictionnaire.com, for
example,
it appears that the message that the server receives is garbled.
The phenomenon does not occur on my own site.
Examination/comparison of HTML sources yields no clues.

As a translator, I do not need this behaviour.
It must be a problem related to character sets or similar but
I have so far failed to sus it out.

Thanks
Peter