httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Morris <aaronmor...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help installing mod_gzip on AIX
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 05:34:19 GMT

lee fellows wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 September 2003 12:08, Andy Todd wrote:
>
>   A quick Google returned a reference to adding -bexpall to the apxs command
>   line.  Whether that works or will be sufficient in your case, I cannot say.
>   Of course, you could rebuild apache with your gcc installation and solve
>   the problem that way. :).
>
>   HTH

By adding "-bexpall" to $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB in apxs you should fix the ld
problem.  It would be a good idea to go ahead and put it in there if you
plan on compiling any other modules.

I have successfully compiled PHP4 using gcc with Apache built with xlc
(actually it was IHS).  I have heard it is not a good idea to do this or
compile a program with gcc that links against libs compiled with a
different compiler, but I have done it many times and never had a
problem with it.