httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bill Moran <wmo...@potentialtech.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache has FrontPage Server Installation ?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:06:42 GMT
David wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Recently I created a forum website running on my Apache HTTP Server.
>
> All was well and fine I designed and implemented the website on my
> computer. When I mount it on the apache server and do a test run,
> problems occur.
>
> "
> 1. FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
> You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a
> web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.
> This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you
> publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server
> Extensions installed.
> 1.1 Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.
> "
>
> Any idea how can I go round this problem ?

2 choices (if you want to continue using Apache):

1. Use something other than Fronpage to build your web page (recommended,
    since Frontpage creates web pages that are standards-broken anyway)
2. Install one of the Frontpage modules to Apache.  There are two that
    I'm aware of, there may be more.  A search on google will be very
    helpful.

The third choice would be abandon Apache and use Microsoft IIS, but I
wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies