httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache doesn't display pictures
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:19:18 GMT
Haris Kazic wrote:

> WHen i did a reboot mysql did not work anymore, so i decided to
> reinstall everything,
>
> Apache php and mysql worknow, but only webpages i visit dont deisplay
> pictures. But a big red cross. Also index files are not loaded
> automaticly.
>

> I host several sites for people and all are complaing about not
> has a solution hjow to make apache display pictures and to load index
> files automaticly?

This is like asking, "My car stopped running.  Can you fix it?"  In
other words, we'll need more information.  The first thing you need to
check is the access log.  Find the requests for the image files, and see
what result code apache is returning.  If it's an error result then you
should also check the error log for a message.  That should be enough to
start on the images problem.  As far as generating indexes, do you have
those options enabled in httpd.conf for the those directories?  You need
"Options +Indexes" for the directores that you want auto-generated index
files.  See also
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_autoindex.html> for many other
options.

Brian