httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proper order to install
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:17:12 GMT
"Jason (Spaz)" wrote:

> That is a good question, unfortunately I am not able to answer only because
> I have very little knowledge of FreeBSD.  I would personally assume that
> since FreeBSD is based on Linux/Unix then the Linux distro would work?  but
> I REALLY DO NOT KNOW.
>
> Perhaps someone else on the board will let you know.

It's even easier with FreeBSD compared to any Linux because you just use
the ports tree.  All you need to do is cd to the directory under
/usr/ports that contains the package and type "make install".  The order
that you want to do this is the same: MySQL, Apache, mod_php.  For
example:

cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql323-server
make install
cd /usr/ports/www/apache13
make install
cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
make install

That should do it, then you just need to edit all the default
configuration files.  You probably should update your ports tree prior
to doing this, which is covered in the FreeBSD handbook.

Brian