httpd-users mailing list archives

From mgarriss <mgarr...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Run a script at shutdown?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:14:33 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, mgarriss wrote:
>

>>Is there a way I can instruct apache from within the httpd.conf to run a
>>script just before it shuts down?
>>

>No.
>
>Perhaps if you explained what exactly you want to do, someone might have a
>suggestion on how to accomplish it.
>
>Joshua.

At start up I have mod_ruby start up a special server that my cgi's talk
to.  I would like to shutdown this server when apache is shutdown.  I
can warp my 'stop apache script' but this will only work when I use that
script, and I don't want that dependency for other uses of my software.
mod_ruby has a way to do this _in theory_ but it's broke.  I was hoping
in the meantime to get apache to do it instead.

Michael