httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard Kurth <rdku...@starband.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem using Include directive and NameVirtualHost
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 07:30:41 GMT
I am trying to use the Include to point to a directory where I have all
my VirtualHost directive each one in a separate file named for it's
domain name. They are all stored in a directory off of the
/etc/httpd/conf directory called vhosts.
In my httpd.conf file I am pointing to this directory with
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/
So it should read every file that is in that directory

A VirtualHost file will look like this example
# owned by VirtualHost
NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.100

# FrontPage needs the following four things to be here
# otherwise all the vhosts need to go in httpd.conf, which could
# get very large since there could be thousands of vhosts
Port 80
ServerRoot /etc/httpd
ResourceConfig /etc/httpd/conf/srm.conf
AccessConfig /etc/httpd/conf/access.conf

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.100>
ServerName www.directphp.net
ServerAdmin admin
DocumentRoot /home/sites/home/web/
ServerAlias directphp.net www.directphp.net
ErrorDocument 401 /error/401-authorization.html
ErrorDocument 403 /error/403-forbidden.html
ErrorDocument 404 /error/404-file-not-found.html
ErrorDocument 500 /error/500-internal-server-error.html
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                !^192.168.0.100(:80)?$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                !^www.directphp.net(:80)?$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)                      http://www.directphp.net/$1 [L,R]
RewriteOptions inherit
AliasMatch ^/~([^/]+)(/(.*))?       /home/sites/home/users/$1/web/$3
# BEGIN WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/  /home/sites/home/web/cgi-bin
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4
# END WebScripting SECTION.  DO NOT EDIT MARKS OR IN BETWEEN.
</VirtualHost>

My problem is that this will work if there is only one site in the
directory if there is more than one with the same IP number it will not
restart the apache server.
This is what it says with just two files in the directory

[root@directphp conf]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
Processing config directory: /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/
  Processing config file: /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/www.directphp.net
  Processing config file: /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/www.testcompany1.com
[Mon Sep  8 00:32:51 2003] [warn] NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.100:80 has
no VirtualHosts
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start: httpd started

But it is not started if I take the
Include /etc/httpd/conf/vhosts/
out of the httpd.conf file apache will start
Can somebody please let me know way this is happening I really do not
what to put all the VirtualHost Directives in the httpd.conf file it
will get to large