httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Blume <laur...@elanor.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Japanese
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:58:13 GMT
Fabrice Trichard wrote:

> Thanks for being patient ...the other question is how to or how do I
> make sure that apache or the browser understands  a HTML page which has
> both english and japanese characters..is this possible ????

Please post in plain text.

There are encodings that allow that.
IMHO, the best way to go is to use UTF-8, which is compatible with ASCII
for alphanumeric, non-accented chars, allows you to use the whole range
of Unicode characters in a document, and is supported by all modern
operating systems and browsers.

More info there on Unicode and UTF-8:
http://www.unicode.org/
If your character set is not supported, you're probably a Klingon.

HTH,

Laurent