httpd-users mailing list archives

From andrea <apachel...@libero.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite not rewriting default index document
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 06:47:02 GMT
Hi Scott,

AFAIK,
in my opinion it will work with 2.0 but not with 1.3

.*? is a ``greedy'' and it will be available with PerlRegEx,
http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/pod/perlre.html, but not with POSIX
regexps ( those used with mod_rewrite 1.3 )

In fact testing on my 1.3 local server that regex wasn't be parsed,
on my 2.0 local server it was parsed fine.

If you want to redirect ``everything containing .html'' you can use:

RewriteRule ^(.*\.html.*)$ /template.php?r=$1

It will work for boths 1.3 and 2.0

/Andrea