httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carl Youngblood <c...@youngbloods.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 caching dynamic scripts
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 00:03:33 GMT
Carl Youngblood wrote:

>>   What do the access/error logs show when you request the revised
>>  script?
>>
> Every one of my requests gets recorded in the access log like this:

Never mind.  I just learned that the problem is actually in FastCGI and
it is a feature, not a bug!  I'm sorry to trouble you all.  FastCGI is
so fast because it keeps scripts in memory, so if I modify a script, the
old one is still in memory and obviously won't get changed.  I need to
HUP a script manually if I want my changes to show.  Anyway, thanks for
looking into this for me.

Carl