httpd-users mailing list archives

From andrea <apachel...@libero.it>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proper functioning of Redirect
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:51:20 GMT
Hi,
instead of using Redirect you can use RedirectMatch.

So:
RedirectMatch /foo   /now/letus/be/convoluted/bar

You could ask me know, what's the difference ?

Well taking a look at mod_alias.c I saw:

        if (!use_regex  && !ap_is_url(url) )
            return "Redirect to non-URL";

so if regular expressions are enabled, such as in the case of
RedirectMatch, then the check of the url is not done.
Later, fixup_redir function, will add the missing
``http://www.example.com'' part.

I'm not too much expert in looking at Apache source code, but that's
what I saw looking at mod_alias.c

Hope It Helped,
Mr Andrea