httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ari Davidow <ari.davi...@tufts.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Proper functioning of Redirect
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 14:20:38 GMT
We moved some files (don't ask) and want to redirect people to the new
locations. (Yes, we could use Alias so that people don't see the
changes, but there is more to it.)

So, I tried a simple

Redirect /foo   /now/letus/be/convoluted/bar

and got a message that the Redirect must always go to a complete URL, e.g.,

Redirect /foo   http://mysite.com/now/letus/be/convoluted/bar

Is there any way around this? Is Alias the only part of mod_alias that
doesn't need the protocol and domain to be restated? I guess it doesn't
matter--it's only a few characters, and the action is still the same. I
just want to be sure I am understanding this correctly.

ari
--

Ari Davidow
Applications Administrator, Web Central