httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warhurst, SI (Spencer) " <S.I.Warhu...@rl.ac.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Case Sensitivity
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:53:59 GMT

Couldn't get it to work satisfactorily and it was a bit of a messy way of
doing it.. however, got your rewriterule suggestion working with:

RewriteCond d:/www/lists%{REQUEST_URI}.html -f
RewriteRule ^/(.+)$ http://www.mydomain.com/lists/$1.html [R]

Works nicely and doesn't seem to have impacted the performance of the server
(trawling through 8,000+ aliases probably added some workload to Apache
anyway, and now it doesn't have to do that).

Regards

Spencer